Red out loud by me in the intensity and emotion it was meant to be shared.
HAPPINESS, SMILE EVERYDAY EVEN IF IT’S FAKE
For some, smiling does not come very natural for other’s it’s the most natural thing in the world.
For all of it’s beneficial.
Traditionally we have thought smiling to be an effect of happiness but what if i tell you it can also be the other way around
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF YOUR DRUGS
Smiling and laughing out loud is greatly beneficial for our mental and physical health.
Countless scientific studies have shown that smiling and laughing actually relieves stress
By lowering the stress hormone, cortisol. And making you high on happiness by releasing
Endorphins. Endorphins are the body’s natural happiness hormones. With are kind of like
drugs, Yes we are all addicted to drugs.
So basically we’re all junkies. Our minds steer us by releasing all kinds of pleasurable hormones/ drugs into our bloodstream. The cool thing is that when you become more conscious of these processes in yourself, you can control your emotional state more effectively.
The body and mind are intimately connected in a bi-directional communication. This means your physical actions affect your mental state and vise versa. Now we all know that confident guy or girl that just walks around like the world is theres. And we all know that they physically portray their mental state. Meaning, you can see they are confident by the way they act and move.
Well…here comes the very cool part of the body mind connection.
You can become that guy or girl just by doing the physical part of being confident.
And by doing that for 2 to 5 minutes you really become confident. Standing tall with a wide stance. Open and dominantly posing, has been Scientifically shown to lower your cortisol(stress hormone) levels and boost your testosterone levels(confidence hormone).
Just as they occur in confident people. So Fake smiling or just smiling, works very much the same. It will give you the real emotion of being happy not instantly obviously but after a couple of minutes you will start to feel it.
When you fake a smile for a couple of minutes you can’t be sad anymore, just try it it really works
The fact alone that it feels super weard, faking a smile, will make you laugh.
Here’s why you should smile
- It will make you feel happy and reduces stress.
- It will make you seem more approachable and attractive.
- You look confident and friendly.
- Smiling is sexy and magnetic.
- Smiling will make you view the world and situations more positive.
- You just might brighten up someone else’s day
- You might get something free(i got free coffee regularly just for being smiley, friendly and open.
- Smiling makes you realise life is short and beautiful, enjoy it.
How to achieve more happiness by laughing, smiling and language.
- Leave the drama, watch some comedy video, serie or comedian show. Just 1 or 2 episodes of friends and you’ll feel more relaxed and happy just because you laugh out loud and smiled.
- Smile by thinking of something funny, a story, a video, a joke or your weird uncle.
- Smile by thinking of someone you really, really love.
- Fake a smile, just simply use your smile muscles and fake one.
- If you’re unable to fake a smile hold a pencil in your mouth, this will
Lift your mouth corners and have the same effect. Very handy for when you’re at work. This way your colleagues won’t think you’re a psychopath, smiling at your monitor. I have tried this one and it really works, you will start to feel happy after a couple of minutes and your colleagues won’t think you are a murderer.
Use happy language and body language
Because of the way we humans are wired we can also become more happy just by acting like it.
Assuming the body language of a happy person. To do this.
- Move energetic and light, even over exaggerate it at first.
- smile , fake it if you need to.
- Assume an open upright position.
- Use positive happy words and phrases. (my life sucks vs could be better, at least i have (health, house, love, friends) ) reality shows us, there is always someone who has it worse.
Bonus killer tip for getting out of a funk and feeling happy
Skipping! Yes, you heard me, kipping. I know it sound dumb and weird that’s exactly why it works and you should do it, at least try. The reason this is so powerful in my opinion, is that it works on multiple levels. Let me explain.
- It’s weird, goofy, fun and probably a looooong time since you did it.
The act alone of skipping when you are assumed to be an adult is funny and will spark a smile.
- For some it will probably be something out of there comfort zone and this is exactly where we get the most benefit. The edge of your comfort zone is where you feel alive, learn new things, conquer your fears and achieve goals. All these things are the pillars of being happy like no other.
- By skipping you move your body in a more intense way with stimulates all the same hormones As sports do all the hormones that make you relaxed and feel happy will flood your system.
- The same principle as before, skipping is a happy activity, so by skipping you will start to feel happy
- You use a very deep childhood anchor, which is associated with your childhood worryless, playful, fun and open self. still lighthearted and not yet tainted by your experiences in life
It’s a very powerful and deep anchor with works on a subconscious level.An anchor is a significant activity, sound, smell, song or memory that gets anchored to an emotion you felt the first time it occurred. The anchor instantly triggers the emotions and memories you felt when it first happened.Songs are often anchors, when you hear a certain song it reminds you of that one special person. Instantaneously you will see them in you mind, as you did then and feel what you felt then.
Now if you fake a smile while forcing yourself to skip for 2 minutes you will feel amazing, i promise! You couldn’t even be sad, angry or negative even if you wanted to.
Let go for just a couple of seconds, find the child in you and have fun.
Challenge of the day, Skip with a smile, fake or real for 2 minutes.